Good Neighbor Program
Both ExxonMobil and SABIC are industry leaders in working with communities and implementing sustainable programs based on local needs. As members of the community, our employees are committed to making positive impacts where they and their families live. Gulf Coast Growth Ventures is committed to upholding that same commitment.
Gulf Coast Growth Ventures is listening to the community. Project representatives have held more than 114 outreach meetings with local organizations, chambers, governments, civic groups and neighborhoods. We have listened to questions, concerns and input from local residents, and we continue to meet with the community every day. The Good Neighbor Program addresses the issues that local residents expressed as the most important through four key components.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- My Town, My Future: Support and participate in community visioning process.
- Alternative water supply: Engage with local water districts and organizations to evaluate development of water desalination project to help offset industrial use.
- Near Neighbor Voluntary Price Protection Program: Price protection program for adjacent property owners.
- Noise & light abatement: Implement programs and technologies to minimize off-site noise and light; fund traffic management efforts including impact studies, dust control and new police officers.
- Community Advisory Panel: Establish regional panel to provide regular counsel to GCGV during construction and operations on various issues such as traffic and job training.
- VIP program: Implement Volunteer Involvement Program to encourage employee volunteerism.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Air monitoring program: Regional air monitoring; monitoring in the community and at the fenceline; provide monitoring results online.
- Emergency responder support: Assist in upgrading local response capabilities for Gregory Fire and EMS services; provide ongoing training and cooperation.
- Community Communication: Establish and maintain lines of communication for residents to raise concerns, ask questions and obtain information about the project.
- Mutual aid: Participate in community-wide mutual aid programs with first responders and other local industry.
- Conservation initiative: Support Coastal Bend Bays and Estuaries Program; consult CBBEP on water conservation initiatives for the site (water usage, drainage, wildlife habitats).
- Environmental stewardship: Report to the community regularly on safety, security, health and environmental performance and associated improvement activities.
- Environmental education: Research partnerships with local schools and colleges to develop environmental management courses.
EDUCATION & WORKFORCE
- Workforce development: Provide financial support to San Patricio County workforce development consortia in conjunction with Del Mar College and the Craft Training Center.
- Local Business Initiative: Institute pre-screening program to help local businesses work with the Engineering, Procurement and Construction contractor.
- Hire Smart. Hire Local: Awareness campaign on employment opportunities and requirements for future employees.
- Working Scholars: College scholarships and summer internships for high school and college students.
- VetHire: Workforce development program to help military veterans integrate into the local workforce.
- Regional education initiatives: Partner on educational programs including STEM, Junior Achievement, etc.